Green Chile Casserole
Here’s how you can make Jeff’s Green Chile Casserole:
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 Onion
- 1 Can of Green Chile Peppers (Chopped)
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Soup Can of Milk
- 1 Can Enchilada Sauce
- Grated Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- *Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Brown meat and onion in skillet. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour off excess grease.
- Mix soups, milk, enchilada sauce and chile peppers in sauce pan. Add salt and pepper, and heat.
- Layer meat, crushed chips and soup mix in baking dish. Be sure to alternate until all is used.
- Top with Cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees in oven until bubbly (approximately 20 minutes)
I use mozzarella and Colby cheese, and I add it to the layers in addition to the top. Top with picante sauce, if desired.
POSTED IN: Uncategorized